Cynthia E. Evans
FUNCTIONS OF THE DISTRICT COURT’S OFFICE
In addition to being the Administrative Office of the Court, the Clerks of the District Courts are responsible for maintaining the records of criminal and civil cases, mental health cases, the Court’s dockets and processing judgments.
Some of the further duties of the District Court Office are:
- Issuing writs and orders;
- Filing and preserving all papers delivered to the Court;
- Certification/Authentication of court filings;
- Make entry of return of every summons, subpoena and order served;
- Keep the records pertaining to the Court and records its proceedings;
- Prepare and file the annual inventory statement of all county personal property in his or her custody and possession;
- Provide and process protection order applications;
- Track all court costs, fees, fines, restitution and judgments ordered in each case filed.
The Clerk of the District Court also serves as a passport agent and ex-officio jury commissioner for the County.